Amid the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the City of Cadiz through the efforts of the CMO-Information Management Division, has discovered the ramp that can develop one’s communication skills, sharing data and information of the students as a medium to spread knowledge on the importance of Filipino Language in this ‘New Normal’ living.
The launching of the Infographic Design Contest is anchored on the celebration of “Linggo Ng Wika” as part of our national observance in reminiscing the history and journey that our forefathers had fought for. The contest will be based on the theme: “Kahalagahan ng Wika sa Panahon ng Bagong Normal”.
This contest will serve as a tool in promoting the Filipino culture by giving awareness on the importance of our language by helping discover, develop, support, and strengthen our patriotism to our own land.
Here are the Contest Mechanics of the Infographic Design Contest:
- The contest is open to ALL STUDENTS (Grade 7 to 12 and College) who is a bonafide resident of Cadiz City.
- Only ONE entry is allowed per participant.
- Strictly NO immediate family/relatives of an employed personnel under the “City Mayor’s Office” can join the contest.
- The infographic material shall be based on the Theme: “Kahalagahan ng Wika sa Panahon ng Bagong Normal”.
- Each entry must follow the following specifications for the infographic material:
- Canvass size of A4 (Portrait or Landscape Orientation)
- Properly cited sources/references (for the image and content)Note: Content must be in Filipino language.
- With a resolution of 300 pixel/ inch, either JPEG or PNG format.
- Each entry shall be sent to the official email address of the City Information Office- Cadiz at email@example.com with the subject “Kahalagahan ng Wika sa Panahon ng Bagong Normal” (ALL CAPS);
Other details on the message body will have an information containing the, Name of Designer, Name of School, Home Address, and Contact Number and an attached scanned document that can validate the proof of residency in Cadiz City.
NOTE: Failure to comply of the said documents for proof of residency shall render the entry void.
The finished output file may be named with the following format provided as shown below:
Example: (LAST NAME_ FIRST NAME_NAME OF SCHOOL) or (DELA CRUZ_JUAN_UP)
- Only 20 entries will be accommodated and may undergo the screening process which will be thoroughly scrutinized for the Top 10 finalist subject for judging through our FB contest page ( Infographic Design Contest 2020) and website (cadizbulletin.com). Also, Participant must like and share the FB contest page (Infographic Design Contest 2020) and follow the website (www.cadizbulletin.com) for purposes of information dissemination.
- The criteria for the infographic material are as follows:
- Originality- 25%
- Creativity and Visual Appeal – 25%
- Content – 40%
- Workmanship/ Craftmanship – 10%Total: 100%
- Prizes:Champion/ Best Infographic Material:P5,000.00 with Certificate of Recognition and Participation; And an opportunity to be featured the infographic material on the Official City Publication (Cadiz Bulletin 2020 Issue).
P3,000.00 with Certificate of Recognition and Participation; And an opportunity to be featured the infographic material on the Official City Publication (Cadiz
Bulletin 2020 Issue).
P1,500.00 with Certificate of Recognition and Participation; An opportunity to be featured the infographic material on the Official City Publication (Cadiz
Bulletin 2020 Issue).
4th to 10th Place:
Consolation price worth P500.00 with Certificate of Recognition and Participation.
Note: Remaining Participants who have submitted their entries from the cut-off date will still receive a Certificate of Participation (by PDF) which will be sent
via their email address.
- Deadline of submission of entries will be on or before August 17, 2020 (Monday)NOTE: Original Deadline was on August 12, 2020 and was extended until August 17, 2020.
- All entries shall be screened and will be selected by the Division Committee and only Top 10 shall be selected as finalist that will be subject for ranking by the judges.
- Top 10 Finalist will be posted through our FB contest page ( Infographic Design Contest 2020) and website (www.cadizbulletin.com) on August 18, 2020 (Tuesday).
- The judges shall rank the Top 10 Finalist according to their preference on August 20, 2020 (Thursday) . The Judges will then assess the entries through an online platform which the criteria and tabulation form shall be sent to their email address’, respectively. The accomplished criteria and tabulation form will be sent back to the Information Management Official Email Address for consolidation and validation.
- The criteria and tabulation forms used for judging shall be uploaded through our FB contest page (Infographic Design Contest 2020) and website for public disclosure and transparency.
- The Final Results of Winners and Runners-up shall be uploaded through the FB contest page (Infographic Design Contest 2020) on August 24, 2020 (Monday).
- Awarding of Prizes and Certificates will be on AUGUST 25, 2020 (Tuesday); 2:30 PM at City Mayor’s Office- Information Management Unit (CMO-IMU), 3rd. Floor. Cadiz City Hall II, Cabahug Street., Brgy. Zone III, Cadiz City, Negros Occidental.
- .Note: Physical presence shall be limited only to the Division Committee, Top 10 Finalist and Judges in observance of the strict health protocols, in accordance with E.O No. SGE-011-2020, this City.